You’ve created your website, added some Evergreen content, and leveraged social media to let people know you exist.
You have started doing some of the real estate lead generation hacks. You are ready.
You have your dialogue prepared, potential objections obliterated, and your contractors in place. So the question is… how long will it take before getting your first lead? Or, 15?
Our data shows, on average, it takes a Carrot member 8.8 days to get their first lead and 40 days to get the first 15. That calculates to a 218% increase in just over a month.
Yes, you read that right. In just over 1 week the average Carrot member is connecting with their first lead.
With that logic, you may think it will take 132 days to rack up 15 leads, but with many of our users adding in PPC marketing and stepping up their SEO, the time to generate leads is reduced by one-third.
In just over one month, your biggest problem could be juggling your 15 new leads!
Now keep in mind, it takes a little more time in some markets, (and less time in others) so it is important that you go all-in and stay the course.
Our trainings are a literal playbook to help you reach your audience faster, with the tools you need to close the deal.
Real Estate Lead Generation Hacks
So what can you do right now to get your first or 15th lead?
In today’s report, we’ll dive into…
- The different marketing methods of getting leads
- The importance of having a mobile-optimized website
- How you can maximize the potential of your website
Generating leads can seem easy at times when you know how. Once you have the framework in place, you can begin stacking your efforts.
Organic Lead Generation
Here at Carrot, we are all about those organic leads. These leads come in from high-quality, useful content that is designed to reach our target audience. We’ll make sure to use keywords throughout, but more importantly, the quality of the content needs to be high.
Our agents and investors often use targeted city landing pages to make sure they are connecting with any potential leads in ALL of the areas where they do business.
Organic leads are typically the highest converting because those leads have searched you out. They have a problem and are in need of a solution. Your knowledgeable and well-thought-out content will lead them right to you.
These pieces of content you add to your website are “Evergreen Marketing” meaning they will help you attract leads today and 5 years down the road. Your content can also be repurposed for social media such as Instagram, Youtube, and other content marketing methods as you see fit.
The right content will not only help you find leads but also build credibility in your market as the local expert.
Amplify With Paid Advertising
Many of our members see incredible results using finely crafted PPC campaigns.
First, they add content to their websites that will make people want to click, then they will create paid ads to help lead people to their websites.
You can run ads on Facebook and Google, even retargeting those who have visited your website in the past.
- Facebook Ads – Facebook ads are a great way to target and advertise to your potential clients. It is a platform they are already using, which makes it even easier to get in front of them. You’ll want to get clear about what you are trying to promote, your CTA, and your goals for the ad. Facebook leads are great, but it typically requires more leads to find a hot one. That said, the cost is significantly less than Google Ads.
Are You Fumbling Your Way Through FB Ads? Or, Simply What to Get Started?
Let the expertise of Silver Street do the leg work for you. They will create an account as if it was their own.
- Google Ads – Google Ads is is a great way to get your website at the top of the search results when people are searching for a service like yours. Utilizing location and demographic information, you can optimize your ads to get in front of the right people. The resulting leads can be very similar to organic traffic if accounts are optimized. The same “qualified searcher can find you in an ad if you’re not currently ranking organically.
Paid traffic is likely going to be your fastest way to get leads, but there is a cost. It can pay off to work with a certified ad specialist to ensure all of your bases are covered. You don’t want to put just anything out there.
Your ad needs to grab attention and encourage people to take the next step with you.
The great part of paid advertising is that you can adjust your daily spend according to your results.
For just a few dollars you can begin with a simple paid ad, targeting a small group of potential home sellers.
Engage Your Audience Using Social Media
The great thing about social media is that it’s free. You can go on there, share tidbits about your day, and give people the opportunity to get to know you. It is a way to humanize your services, letting people know there is a real person behind your website.
It is a place to highlight your services, who you are, and why you are doing what you are doing. Sharing content that encourages clicks will lead people to your website, providing you with the opportunity to retarget them in the future.
The Importance of Having a Mobile-optimized Website: Don’t Forget to Check Yours
Did you know that about 60% of leads come from mobile devices?
This is huge. But it also means that your website needs to be mobile-friendly.
After you’ve gotten your content completed and optimized and the design portion has been completed, you’ll want to look at every page of your website on your phone.
Make sure you have some CTA’s above the fold, meaning they won’t have to scroll far to fill out a form or take action on your website. Too much text up top can be offputting!
Check your real estate website using our Carrot mobile-responsive tool.
How You Can Maximize the Potential of Your Website: Quick Changes You Can Make to Maximize Conversion Rate
When you get your Carrot site, it is important that you make it your own. NOTE: Don’t get caught up in copying other sites from other markets. It’s okay to get inspiration but you know hour market best, give your site substance by making it yours.
Give it life!
Your website offers many opportunities for more conversions. A few things you can do to maximize your conversion rate include…
- Adding genuine, well-written testimonials that will help your readers get past any objections they may have about using your service. New testimonials should be added frequently to keep the content fresh.
NOTE: Go for video first when asking for testimonials but if that doesn’t work, written is just fine but push for the video. Give some inceptive if needed but keep it ethical.
- Customize the “Our Company” page to tell your story and make it your own. Let your audience know there is a real person running this business by adding personal and relatable content that will let people know who you are and why they should do business with you.
NOTE: Take a pic of you, the team, or the family in front of a local known location, people will notice you are truly local.
Don’t just take our word for it, we have the data to back it up. The “Our Company” page can increase conversions.
- Create personalized pages that are city or situation-specific. For example, you can dedicate a page to each neighborhood in your city or you can talk about how you help people with foreclosures, inheritances, or moving.
- Get rid of the stock photos. Yes, we use stock photos in our templates to hold space and break up the text within pages. That said, once you have your site all set up, you’ll want to remove those images and replace them with images of your own. People know a stock photo when they see one and they are much more interested in getting to know the real you.
Changing Up Your Website
Once in a while, we hear comments about how “all Carrot sites look alike.” But here’s the deal… THEY DON”T HAVE TO! Not only do we offer a variety of templates, but we also provide you with the tools to do anything you want with your website.
We’ve had members switch out everything and others who simply added their logo to the template. The truth is, you can find success both ways. But if you do want to customize your Carrot site to make it your own, we suggest…
- Choosing a template that is used less frequently by our members
- Changing the colors to match your brand
- Uploading an eye-catching and memorable logo
- Uploading images that are specific to your area
- Adding a credibility bar and objection-busting testimonials
- Personalize your content (especially the about page, to make it your own
- Add unique landing pages that highlight the geographical areas in which you work as well as the specific problems you can solve
- Hire our team. We can customize your website for you.
Spending just a few hours making a few tweaks to your website can make a dramatic change in your conversion. Our team is also here to help you with this every step of the way.
So… 8 days from now you could be through a new series on Netflix or you could be talking on the phone with your first lead, closing a deal worth thousands of dollars.
Where do you want to be in 8 days? In 40 days? Let us know. Hit us up in the comments section below.