Searching for website builders for your real estate investing business?
You’ve got quite a few options!
We often get asked questions such as… “Carrot vs LeadPropeller which one is best?” Or, “what is the difference between Carrot and a WordPress site?”
We wanted to provide an honest, high-level answer. To help you choose, we’ve rounded up all of the best website builders for real estate investors. We’ve also included our own analysis and pricing information.
But before we dive in, let’s talk about some of the most mission-critical factors to consider when choosing a website builder.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Website Builder for your Real Estate Investor Business
A real estate lead generation website should do more than just help you get online. That’s table stakes these days. Everyone is online. Your real estate investing website should…
- Work amazingly well on mobile (speed and conversion).
- Have very fast page load times (critical now in the Google Core Web Vitals age we’re in).
- Have multiple high-converting designs to choose from (but not too many, the #1 decision factor should be performance, not prettiness).
- Back up the product’s performance with data. 1 lost deal as a real estate investor from an underperforming website could cost $10k, $20k, or more!
- Allow you to integrate your website with other 3rd party systems (CRMs, Zapier, email marketing systems, etc).
- Provide great support so you can focus on growing your business.
- Be built with content marketing in mind and have a blog and the ability to publish consistent high-quality content.
- Tracking and stats so you can see how your website is performing.
The thing is, different people need different websites. There’s no “one-size-fits-all” solution. Many real estate investors need much more than the “minimum”, especially in this high-margin service business that we’re in.
Again, one lost deal from an underperforming website could cost you well into the tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue, so making sure to look at performance over the long-term vs. trying to save a few bucks today is a solid strategy.
But how do you pick the best website builder for your business? It’s not an easy choice, given the number of available options.
To help you decide, we’ve done an in-depth comparison of the 8 best website builders for real estate investors on the market. You’ll find our top picks, real customer reviews, and detailed feature lists and descriptions to help you work out which website to keep by your side.
As we dive into the reviews and comparisons, we’ll point out who each service is ideal for (as each has advantages and disadvantages) and why certain types of investors may or may not want to use a particular service. Heck, we’ll even tell you where Carrot isn’t a fit for many businesses as well.
Let’s get started!
What Are the Best Website Builders For Real Estate Investors?
There are many good website builders for real estate investors on the market. We picked 8 great ones.
Here they are :
- Carrot – We might be biased, but the testimonials and case studies speak for themselves. We’ve helped thousands of investors around the nation create a predictable flow of leads and build more sustainable businesses. We do that with high-converting websites, SEO-focused blog content, and tons of tools to help you grow.
- REI Blackbook – REI Blackbook is for investors who need a better CRM and follow-up system. Great for tracking leads and planning follow-up so that possible deals don’t fall through the cracks.
- WordPress – WordPress is a popular choice for those who are tech-savvy or have big budgets to hire a web designer.
- LeadPropeller – LeadPropeller helps professionals hit their goals and deal with high-converting and SEO-focused websites. It’s designed by an experienced real estate investor.
- InvestorPro – InvestorPro websites have been designed by investors and are created specifically for real estate businesses. They offer a simple website strategy that can be created in as little as 48 hours.
- REI Leadz – REI Leadz offers a one-time, “done-for-you” website. They offer a few different templates to choose from.
- Minute Pages – Minute Pages is for real estate investors who want a user-friendly web design experience. It’s also great for generating leads and ranking in Google.
- Wix – Wix is for real estate investors who have a big budget to create a custom website… or for investors with advanced web design experience. You’ll also need to understand SEO and conversion optimization best practices in order to get the best results.
Let’s dig into the details…
The 8 Real Estate Lead Generation Website Providers Comparison
You’ll find detailed descriptions and feature lists for each of our top picks below. We cover price, design, and the tools and resources you’ll find in each service – as well as video demos.
Carrot is the top choice for “high-performance investors and agents”. Our software has helped more than 8,000 real estate investors create a consistent flow of leads and deals through our “lead generation hub” and a process we call “Evergreen marketing”.
We provide high-converting websites that rank in Google far more easily than competitor website builders. We also provide SEO-focused blog content every month, online marketing trainings, tons of other tools, and an amazing team to help our members grow their businesses.
We’re so confident in our software and our systems that we offer a “no questions asked” 30-day money-back guarantee! Try us out for yourself.
What’s inside Carrot’s Core plan?
- 1 High Converting Website
- Carrot Lead Manager
- SMS Lead Notifications
- Outstanding Live Chat + Email Support
- 2 Campaign Tracking Links
- Visual Editor
- Landing Page Builder
What’s Inside Carrot’s Content Pro Plan?
Everything in Core plus…
- 2 High Converting Websites
- 13 Campaign Tracking Links
- Track 3 SEO Rankings Per Site
- CRM & Marketing Integrations
- Group Coaching Calls
- Automated Content Library
What’s Inside Carrot’s Advanced Marketer Plan?
Everything in Content Pro plus…
- Unlimited Tracking Links
- Track 20 SEO Rankings Per Site
- Premium Automated Content Library
- Investor/Agent Hybrid Site Template
- Access to Premium Site Designs
- Phone Support
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialists
- 1:1 Marketing Strategy Reviews
- 10% Off Qualifying In-House Services
Who is Carrot for?
Beginner and advanced real estate investors or agents who want to grow their businesses through proven online marketing systems.
How much does Carrot cost per month?
- Core – $69
- Content Pro – $99
- Advanced Marketer – $199
Learn more about our plans for real estate investors and agents.
Grow Your Real Estate Website’s Traffic, Leads and Results With Carrot’s Online Marketing Software
Overall we think REI Blackbook is a solid product with great features. However, it’s a little more expensive and offers fewer features than some of the competition. It claims to have “Everything you need to run your real estate investing business. All in one place.”
Although it offers websites, REI Blackbook focuses on CRM and follow-up. Their focus on lead generation websites isn’t as refined as others. Their approach to websites is just that… a place to send clicks from online ads. Not as much big-picture thinking on the website “hub”. Their main purpose is to help track and follow up.
According to customer reviews, REI Blackbook is great for organizing and following leads within their CRM system.
What’s inside REI Blackbook’s “Solopreneur” membership?
- 1 website
- 1 call tracking number
- 5000 contacts
- 5000 email credits
- 500 local minutes
- 250 text messages
Who is REI Blackbook for?
REI Blackbook is for investors who need a better CRM and follow-up system. Great for tracking leads and planning follow-up so that possible deals don’t fall through the cracks.
How much does REI Blackbook cost per month?
- Accelerator package – $297
- Small Business package – $197
- Solopreneur package – $97
WordPress is a custom and versatile website builder. It allows tech-savvy web devs to create high-quality websites without the limitations of more user-friendly website builders. This may help if you have the knowledge, time, and proper planning to build your own website.
The WordPress sites also have many customizable options. There are over 6000+ free WordPress themes that you can use. You can choose the theme of your real estate websites and personalize them. Although creating your own SEO-friendly, high-converting content could be a huge shortcoming of WordPress
However, there are expenses for hosting and commercial plug-ins. There are also continuous updates for specific plug-ins. Those updates are built into most services that are real estate lead generation-specific.
For example, premium plug-ins run anywhere from $47 to $200 and require education to properly install them on your website. Additionally, if you’re planning to hire a web designer to build a custom website, you’re probably going to pay upwards of $3,000 to $5,000 — plus maintenance fees whenever something goes wrong.
What’s inside a WordPress website “Business” plan?
- Best-in-class hosting (but Carrot has tested as faster in this study).
- Upload videos.
- Access to over 50,000 plug-ins.
- Automated site backups.
- SEO tools.
- Google Analytics integration.
Who is WordPress for?
WordPress is for real estate investors with big budgets to pay web devs or the know-how to do it themselves. It’s useful if you know what you’re doing when creating a website and have the time to create a website. It’s also great if you’re big on personalizing the design.
How much does WordPress cost per month?
- Most basic website – Free
- Personal – $4
- Premium – $14
- Business – $33
- eCommerce – $59
- Optional Hosting – Starts at around $3.95/month
- Optional Plug-ins – $47 to $200 (charges can be one-time or recurring)
- Optional SSL Certificate – $17+
Lead Propeller was created by real estate investor, Danny Johnson. He set out to create a real estate investor website service that would take out the guesswork and create sites that drive leads. He’s personally been using his own websites to buy houses for over 10 years.
The goal of LeadPropeller is to provide an inbound marketing platform to achieve lead generation goals by focusing on SEO-optimized websites.
As real estate investor websites platforms go, it’s fairly evenly priced. The Franchisor package comes with 15 websites and 5 content article packs. Pre-written articles for SEO rankings.
What’s inside LeadPropeller “Starter” plan?
- 1 website
- SEO optimized
- Automated content library
- Free custom email address
- Free domain
- Local phone numbers
- Support team
Who is LeadPropeller for?
LeadPropeller is for real estate investors who want to create a consistent flow of leads to their website.
How much does LeadPropeller cost per month?
- Starter – $49
- Professional – $79
- Franchisor – $299
Lynn and Tammy Hahn created InvestorPro to help real estate investors find motivated sellers and generate leads online.
They created their first website for their own real estate investing business in 1999 after a seller asked them if they had a website. Over time, they “constantly massaged” their site until they got the results they wanted. Now they offer a similar service to investors.
What’s inside InvestorPro’s Gold Plan?
- Unlimited Domains
- Pre-Made Templates
- Mobile Compatible Websites
- Search Engine Optimization
- Automated Email Follow-Up
- Internet Marketing Plan
Who is InvestorPro for?
Real estate investors who want a custom website design.
How much does InvestorPro cost per month?
- Bronze Plan – Setup Fee of $395, Monthly Fee of $39
- Silver Plan – Setup Fee of $495, Monthly Fee of $49
- Gold Plan – Setup Fee of $595, Monthly Fee of $95
REI Leadz is another website builder for real estate investors. Their sites are SEO friendly, have no monthly fees, and give you complete control of your website.
What’s inside REI Leadz’ Pro Package?
- Done-For-You Website
- Email Notification Setup
- Funnel Form Setup
- Integration Ready
- Complete Website Content
- Follow Up Email Series
- Pre-Written Blog Posts
Who is REI Leadz for?
Real estate investors who want a done-for-you website or a custom website with a one-time cost (vs. a monthly subscription).
How much does REI Leadz cost per month?
- Pro Package – $97
- Custom Buildout – $500+
Minute Pages is one of the more recent inbound real estate lead generation platforms.
The main focus of Minute Pages is to provide a lead generation website in “minutes.” It does that by breaking the process down into easy and actionable steps.
- Choose a website template from their library
- Customize the site with a company name, branding, and contact info
- Launch the site… “In Minutes & Start Generating Leads”
The final step is to be taken with some consciousness. Generating leads can take patience. It typically doesn’t happen overnight.
What’s inside Minute Pages “Pro Plan”?
- 1 site for basic plan
- Visual editor
- Automated blog library
- SSL certificate
- Free hosting
- Live chat
- Keyword tracking
Who is Minute Pages for?
Minute Pages is for real estate investors who want a user-friendly web design experience. It’s also great for generating leads and ranking in Google.
How much does Minute Pages cost per month?
- Pro Plan – $49 (1 website)
- Additional websites can be added for 10-25% discounts the more you need
Wix’s main selling points are its comprehensive approach to web design. Like WordPress, it allows users to build custom websites from scratch or by starting with a template. In order to get the best results, though, users will need to have a solid understanding of how SEO, web design, and conversion optimization work.
What’s inside Wix’s “Business Unlimited” plan?
- Accept online payments
- Remove Wix Ads from your site
- Replace the Wix favicon in the browser tab with your own one
- Change the free Wix URL to your own custom domain (which can be purchased from Wix or from another domain host)
- Free SSL certificate
- Advanced Shipping
- Receive Wix Vouchers, and Premium app coupons when purchasing a yearly subscription or higher
- Upload up to 10 hours of video with Wix Video
- Get up to 35 GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth
- Get a professional logo and social media logos when purchasing a yearly subscription or higher
- Events Calendar App – Free for 1 Year
Who is Wix for?
Wix is for real estate investors who have a big budget to create a custom website… or for investors with advanced web design experience. You’ll also need to understand SEO and conversion optimization best practices in order to get the best results.
How much does Wix cost per month?
- Business Basic – $23
- Business Unlimited – $27
- Business VIP – $49
There you have it!
The top website builders for real estate investors.
Carrot is the longest-standing website builder for real estate investors… with a track-record of proven results for its members. But LeadPropellor and Minute Pages are also great user-friendly options.
REI Blackbook is great if you need a solid CRM or follow-up system.
If you want to go the full-custom high-cost route, then you might consider something like WordPress or Wix.
The choice is yours.
But if you’re still not sure, then we’d like to invite you to sign up for a 30-day risk-free Carrot account. We’ve made a huge difference in thousands of investors’ businesses. Can we make a difference in yours?