Do you want to know what it takes to build a wholesale real estate business that generates consistent profits?
We recently asked a select group of seasoned, successful wholesalers (out of 7,000 investors we work with) what steps they would take to build their business in 30 days versus 6 months.
Here’s what they had to say.
The questions we asked:
- What are the 5 most important software/apps you use for wholesaling?
- What was the biggest mindset shift that helped you find success?
- What steps would you take if you had just 30 days to build a wholesaling business And… What steps would you take if you had 6 months to build a wholesaling business?
1. Favorite Apps and Tools for Wholesalers – What are the 5 most important software/apps you use for wholesaling?
In the fast-paced world of real estate wholesaling, having the right tools can make all the difference.
Our survey revealed a list of favorite apps and tools highly endorsed by successful wholesalers.
From Carrot and Mojo Dialer to Google, and Excel, these tools streamline lead generation and boost productivity.
Additionally, Canva, Propstream, ClickFunnels, Airtable, CRM Podio, Constant Contact, Facebook, and DealMachine were among the top picks to optimize efficiency and maximize results.
2. The Biggest Mindset Shifts for Wholesalers – What was the biggest mindset shift that helped you find success?
The answer I resonated with the most was, “My biggest mindset shift that helped me find success was when I stopped trying to get a deal and started trying to help people.”
Next… “I’m not stealing people’s houses; I am really helping them.”
Regarding the concern some members have expressed about our business model, it’s crucial to carefully assess how we approach closing deals and ensure that we genuinely serve homeowners’ best interests. We must ask ourselves if we are truly providing value and assistance.
If we can confidently say that we are sincerely helping homeowners and addressing their needs, we should find peace in knowing that our actions are not about taking advantage of people. Instead, we are solving their problems in a way that no one else can.
3. Responses: Building a Wholesale Business – 30 Days vs. 6 Months
Here are some of the survey responses to these two questions:
- What steps would you take if you could do it all over again and had 30 days to build a wholesaling business (not 60 days to close a deal)?
- What if you had six months? What things would you focus on each month from a lead generation perspective?
Big Takeaways – Mentorship and Long-Term Strategies
Several responders emphasized the importance of mastering a single marketing channel and area before expanding to others. A strong emphasis was also placed on mastering the follow-up process, which accounts for many successful contracts. Delegation and building a team should be considered after six months, as weaknesses become apparent, freeing up time to focus on core strengths.
Moreover, some respondents highlighted the value of seeking a mentor right from the start, as mentors can offer guidance and resources and help avoid pitfalls. In a longer timeframe, building a strong online presence was seen as a powerful lead generation avenue when done correctly.
The consensus among these responses is to take focused, strategic steps, seek mentorship, and progressively expand and improve marketing efforts for a successful wholesaling business.
How to Generate SEO Leads in 6 Months with Carrot
Here are some basic steps you can take to get started generating SEO leads with Carrot:
- Customize all conversion pages with unique content and make them locally relevant.
- Set the location of my homepage to the State that you are operating in.
- Create five city landing pages.
- Create pillar content for each of the situations that you want to serve.
- Write, outsource, or use our Automated Content Library posts to create topic clusters. Already a Carrot member? Learn more about topic clusters here.
- Build 20-30 local citations either by hand or using a service.
- Create or optimize your Google Business Profile.
- Sponsor local charity events in exchange for local backlinks to your city landing pages. Try to create at least one link per month.
Building a successful wholesaling business is within your reach, especially with the guidance of seasoned investors.
By leveraging their favorite apps and tools, embracing the right mindset, and following their time-tested strategies, you can achieve consistent leads, close deals confidently, and create a thriving real estate wholesaling venture. If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to drop them below – we’re here to support your journey to success!