Product Designer – Hiring Now!
Remote • Contractor • Product Design • User Research
Carrot is looking to hire a Product Designer.
Carrot is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps small businesses, in particular, real estate investors and high performing real estate agents, cut through the clutter online to grow leads and revenue with our lead gen and content marketing tools. That’s what we do… that’s what we challenge ourselves to be the best in the world at. But our “why” is what truly excites us every single day we show up to work.
“To Add Humanity To Business and Help People Regain Time In Their Lives For The Things That Matter.“
Learn more about what we do @ Carrot.com →
More About The Product Designer Role
As the first Product Designer within the company this role will get to work in many areas: user research, concepting, prototyping, iterating to high fidelity comps and working hands-on with the development team to ensure successful features launch. You will also lay the groundwork for establishing and reinforcing UX best practices within the company; interpreting the voice of the customer and user empathy are a must.
What You’ll Work On
- Perform an inventory of the current interface, documenting opportunities for improvement and identifying both small and large wins within the UI/UX
- Work hands-on with the engineering team and generate a design framework to support asset and development needs
- Create and maintain a style guide to drive consistency across the product
- Lead design concepts and review for major initiatives
- Drive feature iterations with the aid of whatever it takes: sketches, wireframes, prototypes, highly detailed mock-ups
- Implement process, tools, and services to test usability and gather both quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Integrate UX research and design into our agile development process
- Convert customer insights and data points into a best-in-class user experience
- Maintain an overall product design vision
- Constantly innovate new and better approaches to the creative process
- Empathize with users and be attuned to the voice of the customer
- Work closely with the Product team on roadmap development and feature definition
You Should Have Experience In
- 5+ years of UI/UX design
- Creating complex designs for new systems
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- Modern design tools intended to support web development (e.g. Sketch)
- Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision)
- Explaining designs and user flows to technical and non-technical team members
- Online collaboration tools such as Slack and G Suite
- Working effectively with others in a remote team environment but also working independently with limited supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
These Skills Would Be Nice
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies and Scrum
- Proficiency with Mixpanel or similar analytical tools
- Experience with WordPress templates
Learn More About Carrot & Our Mission
Working At Carrot
Our Members Come First 🏆
We love helping our members generate leads and close deals. Making an impact on their lives fires us up. We share customer success stories daily.
We Love Innovation 📈
We love being on the cutting edge of technology and performance. If it helps our members generate leads we want to test and deploy it.
Leave A Legacy ♥️
We take our brand VERY SERIOUSLY. You will see orange everything when you join Carrot. We are passionate about positively affecting our communities.
We Love To Have Fun 🥕
Our culture is laid back and fun. We are a group of like-minded individuals all trying to achieve a common goal.
Ready To Take The First Step?
- Make sure your resume and portfolio are up to date
- Write a cover letter or shoot a video and answer the following questions
- Why do you think you’re an awesome Product Designer? Give specific and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you’re doing now for a job and what you’re excited about for your next role.
- Send all of this to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Look forward to hearing back from us!