Press Release Guidelines
- Headline must not be too long (under 80 characters), has active verb and subject.
- Headline should accurately present press release’s content.
- Headline must be newsworthy (important and recent enough to be announced).
- Summary should clearly describe press release’s content.
- Your summary should be one to two sentences long.
- Please do not use first paragraph as summary paragraph.
- Press release word count should be between 300 to 800 words.
- Press Release should be objective — don’t use casual first person language (I, we, you, etc).
- Content should have a legitimate news angle (announcing something new and/or timely).
- Don’t write your press release like an advertisement or a salesletter.
- Content should keep an impartial tone throughout the press release.
- Please don’t ask question(s) in a press release.
- Attach only 1 image per press release not more than 200KB in file size (jpg, png or gif only).
- Video should be a hosted, embeddable video (such as Youtube/Vimeo).
- Use Uppercase and Lowercase lettering appropriately.
- Please ensure links are formatted correctly.
- Make sure each paragraph is spaced out with a line.
- Please ensure press release is properly formatted e.g. do not double space unnecessarily, use appropriate punctuation and symbols.
- Only include a quote that someone might have actually said.
- Press release links should be limited to 1 per 200 words.
- Press releases should not contain references or links to sexually explicit material, illegal material or profane language.
- Content should not have intent to harm or exact personal revenge against a person or group.
- SPAM related words that will be filtered out by spam filters should be refrained.
- Include available contact information where possible.
- Do not place email addresses within the body of the press release.
- Include the city from where the release originates, usually the location of the company’s headquarters.
- Content should contain no or few grammatical and spelling errors.
- Do not use special characters and symbols in headline such as ™ or ©.
Press Release Quality Content Guidelines
There are some content topics that we do not accept to be distributed. Please ensure your content does not fall outside of the acceptable guidelines.
- Carrot does not accept releases that contain only opinion.
- Carrot does not accept releases that is duplicated content.
- Carrot does not accept releases that promote mortgage, pay day, cash, short-term or long-term loan services.
- Carrot does not accept releases that promote escort, sexual enhancement products or supplements.
- Carrot does not accept releases containing radical or political opinion/view.
- Carrot does not accept releases containing radical religious opinion/view.
- Carrot does not accept releases with intent to harm or defame.
- Carrot does not accept releases containing unauthorised stock ticker symbols.
- Carrot does not accept releases that promote online gambling.
- Carrot does not accept topics regarding e-cigs, green coffee, raspberry ketones, HCG, Kratom, Garcinia Cambogia and more.
The guideline will change from time to time without prior notice and you are advised to visit this page for updates.
Disclaimer: At any circumstances, Carrot reserves the right at all times and without previous notification to approve, disapprove any or all the published/submitted documents as long as it is inappropriate to be published. Any decision made by the Carrot team shall be final.