Join Oregon's Fastest Growing Privately Held Software Company As A Product Manager
Carrot is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps small businesses, in particular, real estate investors and high performing real estate agents, cut through the clutter online to grow leads and revenue with our lead gen and content marketing tools. That’s what we do… that’s what we challenge ourselves to be the best in the world at. But our “why” is what truly excites us every single day we show up to work.
“To Add Humanity To Business and Help People Regain Time In Their Lives For The Things That Matter.“
We Made The Inc 5000 List 🎉🎉🎉
In addition, we are the 19th fastest growing privately held company in Oregon according to Portland Business Journal. And we are just getting started…
Help Take Our World-Class Product To The Next Level…
Are you the one with the chops, experience, and desire to be a part of the journey? Carrot is the fastest growing software company in Oregon (according to Inc. Magazine). We’re based in rural Roseburg, Oregon but have an amazing remote team of 24+ passionate people working with thousands of entrepreneurs around the world to help them gain more freedom, flexibility, finances… and make an impact w/ their businesses through our inbound marketing software.
As our Product Manager at Carrot, your responsibility is to sustainably manage and grow the customer value monetization process. It’s not just important for us to deliver amazing customer value, but monetizable customer value — products, features, capabilities, services that helps our customers reach their goals and will pay for and continue to pay for and evangelize about it for years to come.
Get familiar with the software we make – watch this series of short videos to make sure that we do work that interests and excites you…. we make cool tools for real estate professionals (investors & agents), but this isn’t work for everyone.
Goals & Responsibilities (what you’ll be owning)
- Collaborating with and building a product team to discover customer pains and outcomes and rapidly prototype and test solutions before we build them.
- Help grow our expansion revenue toward a goal of 30% of new revenue over the next 2 years
- Leading product in an agile environment with a world-class team.
- You know who the boss is, the customer. So you’ll be in charge of conducting and analyzing user reviews, surveys, and interviews to understand their pain points and priorities.
- Keeping a firm pulse on industry direction and the gaps / opportunities we can own.
- Working with marketing, sales, and support teams to ensure success. This isn’t a solo sport.
- Defining and analyzing metrics that gain insights and determine the success of the product.
- Collaborating with user experience team to share learnings and produce a remarkable product. (And helping us build that user experience team :-)
- Prioritizing initiatives for business growth and constantly listening to users to maintain product love and NPS.
- Implementing internal tools to increase operational efficiency throughout the organization and ensuring impactful product launches.
- Experimenting with creative features to engage and grow users daily.
- Challenging others to see product beyond just the digital experience and create more ways to differentiate and make an impact.
Results You Have The Opportunity To Move:
- Consistently grow expansion revenue towards a target of 30% of our new revenue over the next 2 years
- Help define and lead the transition of our product / pricing to include multiple effective pricing axis in 2019 – 2020
- March toward and past a $2,000 LTV
- With the CEO, lead creating a true Product Team here at Carrot
Requirements (Expected Proficiencies)
- Communicating priorities with stakeholders
- You love inspiring others with enthusiasm
- You have a never say never attitude
- You have experience working at a tech company and can talk the talk when it comes to the key SaaS metrics
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management or a similar role
- A proven track record of success in working with designers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with A/B testing and using metrics to drive product development
- Comfortable engaging with users, conducting research, and smartly integrating insights into product development.
- Experience leading teams and building products from scratch
- Engineering / coding / design experience massive pluses
As you can imagine, being a team spread across multiple cities and states… maintaining an amazing culture can be more difficult than if we were all in the same office day in and day out. We’ve found some amazing tools and practices to help keep that culture thriving and fun.
But we’ve been able to build an amazing culture through our daily practices to connect with each other via hangouts and Slack… and multiple times per month some or all of our team gathers in person together for our “In-Office” days. Sometimes we’ll dive into focused work that day on a specific project… and sometimes we’ll grab some tubes and float the river on those hot summer days.
Every 6 months we typically fly the whole team in for one of our Carrot Retreats where we strategize, have fun, challenge ourselves to think bigger and see how we’re doing on our goals. These are a blast and have been huge for our culture.
In the end, your role will be as critical to our culture as any other role in the company and we want you to LOVE getting up and working every day. So if there is any way you can help us all live our core values more… bring it on! 😄
Join The Impact We Are Making
The biggest impact came from watching you interact and run your business. The strong team dynamic in your office was palpable and everyone I interacted with seemed driven and excited to contribute to your team goals.
I love you guys, and I’m not blowing smoke! I’ve been around the block a number of times, been CEO of several companies in my career. You guys are great! You’re just responsive, authentic, you got the clients best interest at heart, and I know that Trevor has done a great job hiring the right people…
The Carrot team has added a ton of value to our business! They provide great customer service and the systems and content are second to none. Carrot has played a significant role in my life.
A lifelong member here…You guys have changed my life
The Serious Stuff
This position will pay a very competitive salary and bonuses along with other attractive benefits:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- $500 per year to contribute toward a charity you’re passionate about
- Growth Perks:
- Free Books: Reading a book to help you grow in your life? Awesome, we’ll buy them for you
- Courses / Seminars: If you find resources that will help you improve your skills in life/business… we’ll pay for all or part of them
- Gym Stipend: Physical fitness is a big deal… so we’ll pick up the tab of your monthly gym membership up to $60/mo.
- Performance Bonuses: From time to time when the team crushes it… we all get rewarded. These aren’t scheduled bonuses, but we find that our team members are surprised by these perks
- Health Insurance 75% paid for
- 401k Plan
- The chance to learn in a fast-paced environment things that you’d never be able to learn in a large organization.
Ready To Take The First Step?
No exceptions – in order to apply please provide the following:
1. Write A Cover Letter or shoot a quick video & send it to us
Addressing the following questions:
- Why do you think you’re an amazing Product Manager? Give SPECIFIC and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- Describe your experience in product research & testing, past products you have launched and are extremely proud of, and in your skills to communicate in awesome ways with team members and clients.
- What’s the toughest product challenge you’ve ever overcome? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you’re doing now for work:
- If you don’t have job, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
2. Update your RESUME and include it
3. Show us what you’ve got!
We’d love to see amazing work you’re really proud of. Attach assets you’ve put together and used to create product vision / strategy, user stories, wireframes you’ve personally created, and the results you achieved. We’d love to see your best.
4. Email Everything
To us at the email address below… title the email [I’m the Product Manager you want for Carrot!!] in the subject line… AND include your favorite Carrot Core Value that you resonate with the most and WHY in the body of the email. Applications that don’t follow all the steps above will be deleted.
If you make it to Round 2, you’ll receive explicit instructions on next steps, plus you’ll get detailed information on our company.
Email everything above to email@example.com and let’s get this party started!